Here's a sample cover letter for an experienced sales/marketing professional, Marie, who is sending her resume to an IT firm. The job she seeks is Vice President of Sales. Marie is currently unemployed, a fact that she is hoping will play in her favor since the employer is in dire need of filling the VP of Sales position at his firm.
<< Index of Sample Cover Letters
To get a feel for Marie's whole job search packet, see the resume she sent with this cover letter and the job reference sheet she prepared for her interview with Mr. Bhdxn.
Cover Letter Sample for Vice President of Sales
123 Creak Road
Albany, NY 12345
January 5, 20xx
Mr. Roger Bhdxn
IT ScaleUp, Inc.
465 Anchor Ave.
Ithaca, NY 12345
Dear Mr. Bhdxn,
In a recent conversation with Lance Wvhgq, I learned that you are conducting a search for a new VP of Sales. Lance is a longtime colleague of mine from the IT Association who, I believe, also knows you through my previous employer, OptiBand.
As we enter the first quarter of the new year, I am prepared to put all my energy into your new business development program, which I understand has been very successful to date. I have experience using a similar methodology at OptiBand, where we achieved significant increases in market share, both regionally and nationally.
Here are a few of my achievements from my last three positions:
- At OptiBand, built a 187-person sales organization operating at 184% of plan year-to-date, compared to a $40M booking target for a Griffin Henley-founded startup providing communication services to commercial accounts.
- At Brotherhood Investment Group, collaboratively established a telecommunications organization that operated profitably at $50M per year, billing 6,000 sites in 41 cities.
- At Capital Investors, attained 300% of planned sales in the first year, 600% in the second year, and 725% in the third.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss IT ScaleUp's sales goals for this and the next five years. I am available for an interview at your convenience. I look forward to your call.
Enclosure: Resume for Vice President of Sales
Director Of Sales Cover Letter
Directors of Sales work in a variety of organizations and implement sales plans to increase profits. Essential work responsibilities of a Director of Sale include analyzing sales trends, setting sales objectives, developing sales strategies, researching supply and demand, appraising job results, building strong customer relationships, executing strategic plans, defining value propositions, determining business needs, and setting the strategic direction of accounts.
An eligible cover letter sample for Directors of Sale usually mentions the following skills and abilities:
- Sales experience
- Strategic thinking
- Research skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Networking and communication
- Computer competences
A Director of Sale cover letter example displaying relevant skills for the job is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Sales Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Ball:
An accomplished executive-level manager with 16 years of experience driving top-performing sales teams, I possess a unique combination of talent and expertise that will allow me to positively impact your bottom line. As your next Director of Sales, I would be positioned to leverage a strong record of identifying and seizing opportunities to ensure immediate and lasting revenue growth for Caperville Innovations.
My expertise lies in devising and implementing effective business development strategies, driving start-up sales teams, and securing multimillion-dollar contracts to accelerate sales and revenue growth. Throughout my career, I have managed staff recruitment and corporate restructuring initiatives while simultaneously achieving strong market penetration. Additionally, my success in orchestrating results-focused sales training and coaching programs positions me to make a significant impact on your business performance.
My career as a sales executive includes a broad range of highlights, such as…
- Building dynamic sales teams and implementing staff training programs that allowed for effective change management and propelled revenue increases of up to $184M.
- Coordinating cross-departmentally to incorporate and lead a broad range of sales strategies that deliver year-over-year revenue growth within global markets.
- Forging and sustaining exceptional relationships, resulting in robust sales performance and aggressive business development and growth.
- Leveraging deep industry experience, along with strengths for developing key business alliances, to consistently expand market footprint and surpass sales quotas.
The enclosed resume provides an overview of my previous sales successes; however, I look forward to meeting with you personally so that we may discuss the value I can bring to Caperville Innovations. In the interim, thank you for your consideration.
Amanda C. Hommer